Ageing and distressing images.....continued


Tried out some ideas using brushing and stippling techniques.

Wet the paper first then apply ink to wetted areas.

Ink tried to fill the wetted area resulting in muddy puddles! 

If you allowed the ink to dry you could build up layers but there was no feathering around the edges.

Could do better!

Next, I tried spraying the paper with a fine mist of water.

Then using the ink bottle droppers I dropped small amount of ink in spots across the sheet.

To diffuse any spots that remained I sprayed more water across the sheet.

Then added more spots of ink and sprayed sheet again the lifted and tilted the sheet in different directions to allow the ink to flow.

I still haven't achieved the effect that I was aiming at but this could be interesting.

Will leave it for 12 hours or so to air dry.
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog